Thursday, January 26, 2012

All Kinds of New

So far 2012 started out with a phenomenal bang. A new business, new friends, lots of writing and a new fan-girl obsession.

We'll start with the obsession because, really, he's worth drooling over for a few minutes before we get to the rest. I'd seen this lovely specimen of manhood a time or two before and stopped to ogle. But, since becoming friend with the wonderfully talented Kayelle McClive I've developed an appreciation for the man and his piercing baby blues. Who is this delectable creature? Feast your eyes my lovelies...

Yes, that's Jared Leto in all his long haired, scruffy amazing yumminess. You can't see how truly beautiful his eyes are in this pic but, wow... if blue wasn't already my favorite color it sure as hell is now.

*Sigh* Okay... Let's wipe the drool off and move on.

If you've been following along on Facebook, you're aware that I started a new business called Red Hot Book Tours this month and am now working as a Publicist. Work is trickling in steadily and I'm happy with the company's progress to date. Things can only get better from here. Especially when you tie in my co-ownership of Red Hot Readers, a page on Facebook designed to bring readers and together with authors they may have never read otherwise. My fabulously amazing friend, C.J. Ellisson, is the co-owner of the page and, I think I can speak for both of us when I say how thrilled we are with how successful the page has been since launching.

On the writing front, I've returned to work on Cassiela and the story is progressing nicely toward a May 2012 release. I'm in the final stretch and it feels damn good to be nearing the end of this project. Don't get me wrong, I've loved writing this book but, after two years working on it I'm ready to be done.

I can hear some of you wondering if it's going to be a bigger book. No. It's shorter, actually. Cassiela will be in the range of sixty thousand words when it's done. Definitely much shorter than the 80K+ of Ardeur. Why so long to write it then? Life happened, as it does sometimes. I'm back on track though and plowing through the chapters, writing at least one a day.

That's not all the writing I'm doing though. Oh no, my dears... I've been hard at work on a wonderful new book with my aforementioned friend, Kayelle McClive. Valor's Warrior is coming along amazingly well. In under a week we've banged out close to thirty thousand (yes, that's 30,000) words on it.

In my effort to take a mini-break from writing this morning, I turned my creative juices toward a different form of art and came up with this cover. Don't you want to lick him? I know I do. Rar.

The book's not done yet but, if you'd like a sneak peek at what it's about, there's a Free Read up on my Facebook Author Page. If you click on the FREE READS Tab on the left and scroll down, you'll see Valor's Warrior Teaser by Danielle Gavan (me - squee!) and Kayelle McClive. We hope you'll enjoy reading it as much as we did writing it.

I'm sure there's probably something I'm missing that's new since the last time I posted here but I can't think of what it is right this second. And so, I'll leave you to ogle at Jared some more. You can thank me later. *grin*



No comments:

Post a Comment